Important Dec 30, 2010 2:51:04 GMT -5
Post by Kairis on Dec 30, 2010 2:51:04 GMT -5
Firstly I would love to welcome you to X-Impulse-X !! Below you will find the rules that are required to be followed at all times if you want to truly enjoy this wolf role playing site to the fullest.
1. The staff are always to be respected and listened to. You have a right to state your opinion but if it is done in a not crude and profound way, you will be banned. There is no tolerance here for rude behavior.
2. This site is role played in third person, not first. For example when you post you should be saying he/she instead of I.
3. Do not take your dislike of someones character and put it towards the member out of character. Every character here has its own personality and truth be told, some just wont get along. And vice versa. If you do not like a player, don't smash their characters.
4. absolutely NO racism, sexism, disregarding others personal beliefs, and profound adult content. This site is for for people 13 years and older. Be respectful of the younger players please.
5. No fighting in the Cbox. This is the one thing I probably hate the most. Please take arguments to personal messages if you feel the need. Or better yet, drop the topic. If there is a problem where you feel offended do not hesitate to contact me or another staff member here. We want all our members to have a fun experience and instead of starting war, let the staff deal with it.
6. I will ban anyone at anytime if I feel the need. I do not care if you have been a member for years. Attitude and ignorance will not be acceptable here.
7. NO god-modding/power-playing! it is a nuisance and pain. You can power play under certain circumstances where BOTH members agree on it. If you do not know what these are please visit the board at this following link:
8. Try not to copy other wolves. I know its hard because in the wild, most wolves do have the same type of life and situations. Remember this is a semi realistic roleplay so a weird past is often accepted and odd markings and scars will make your character all the better.
9. For your characters: NO wings, horns, lycans, werewolves, powers, or other such things. As for being odd colors such as pure orange, blue, purple and whatnot they cant happen without a case where something like this could happen in reality. If you have something you want to add but you think might not fit in, don't be afraid to message or ask a staff member =)
10. There will be VERY little human contact in this site. There are NPC which may be human that the staff with have to power to control. If you want a NPC in your thread, ask one of us and we can make plans. You are not allowed to roleplay humans though in anyway, shape, or form. a wolf having human contact in its past will be accepted as long as it is realistic once again.
11. This site is for any level or roleplayer as long as they can post a MINIMUM of 50 words per post. It is not hard, all you have to do is add description and explain what the wolf is thinking/feeling and before you know it, you have 50 words!
12. In a pack, you cannot have two wolves in a power position. You cannot own both alphas/betas/ alpha and beta/ beta and medicine wolf/ alpha and medicine wolf, and so on. Every pack is different with its own rules but these are some main ones.
13. NO spamming in the Cbox or in posts. People will look down on you in a childish way.
14. Keep advertising to the advertising board. I don't want to see in the chat box ÒMG guys check this OUT!! its like, the best RP EVER!!!11!!!
15. Please just follow the rules and have fun out there ;D
Brought to you by: your admin Kairis
FOR THE BIRDS:
The following rules are exclusive for bird characters/roleplayers.
1. no rare birds unless staff give you permission. I hope you understand this because we cant have hundreds of bald eagles around... because they are endangered.
2. If you have experience in bird role play, please specify and a sample would be appreciated but not required.
3.Birds can interact with the wolves and to make it easier they can talk also (reason behind this is that they are not a wolves prey, wolves cannot communicate with prey animals.)
4. Please try to keep your species appropriate for the biome. Impulse is in somewhat of a boreal/mountain biome, so species like scarlet mccaws and toucans aren't at all reasonable.
TO BE FINISHED LATER (btw Luna if you want to add on to this please do!)
5. Birds' behaviors are much different than that of wolves, and often vary with the species as well. For example, while a crow is very social, a raven is much more solitary. Please try to look into your species some before creating the character.
6. Please try to be realistic in the hierarchy of birds. For example, if you are a chickadee and you come across a hawk, you're obviously not going to be able to succeed in winning a fight with it so, true to your instincts, you would probably flee. So for the sake of realism, and your char's life, don't make your chickadee take on a hawk.
7. Some birds are more intelligent than others. Respect that fact, and though one bird may be smarter than another of its species, certain species are drastically more intelligent than others. An example would have to be scavenger birds, that you'd often see in your community, such as crows and seagulls. Despite their seemingly stupid behavior, they're very intelligent creatures, and have to adapt and learn new skills as they go along, and are thus more intelligent than other, more timid birds. If a crow saw a man with a gun walking through the forest, he might fly away, but if another species that doesn't see man often saw him, he'd probably continue whatever he was doing.